The Kentucky Trucking Association has a separate 501(c)(3) organization, The Kentucky Trucking Education Foundation Inc., that has three primary goals.
- Sponsor a scholarship to students that want to pursue a career in trucking. This includes CDL training, diesel technician, or other aspects of the industry.
- Support any expenses incurred for the Kentucky Road Team while teaching citizens about the “no zone” or other truck safety topics.
- Pay for anything to promote the industry’s image, for example, we paid for a billboard on I-65 N that thanked our truckers during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week.
Requirements are as follows:
- A high school senior or any college freshman, sophomore, junior or senior in good standing, attending an accredited community college, four-year college, or university in the State of Kentucky.
- A person who is planning to earn a degree or certification in a field of study involved in the Trucking Industry.
- The applicant must also meet at least one (1) of the five (5) requirements listed below:
- Have a parent or spouse actively employed in the trucking industry.
- Have a parent or spouse who was fatally injured on the job while employed in the trucking industry
- Be a child or spouse of an independent contractor affiliated with a trucking company.
- Have a parent actively employed with or have a fatally injured parent while on the job as an Enforcement Officer in the State of Kentucky.
- Be currently employed in the trucking industry.