Wayne Walker is a professional driver with over 16 years of safe driving experience with Walmart. Wayne joined the Walmart fleet in 2003 accumulating over 1.25 million safe driving miles, and has served as a Walmart Road Team Captain since 2016. In 2017 Wayne joined the Kentucky Road Team. In these roles Wayne has represented both Walmart and the Kentucky Trucking Association at industry events, advertising campaigns and social media promotions across the state. Wayne serves as an active member of the local Safety Committee and Accident Review Committee. He is currently a Driver Store Ambassador and mentor to new drivers. Additionally, Wayne volunteers his time in support of the Walmart Heart program honoring sick and terminally ill children and adults.
On the Job:
- Employed as a driver for Walmart Supply Chain for the past 16 years in Hopkinsville, KY.
- Professional driver 25 years.
- Accumulated 2.5 million safe career miles and 1.25 million safe miles with Walmart Supply Chain.
- Currently serving on the Walmart safety committee, accident review committee, Walmart Road Team and the new driver Onboarding Team.
- Award Winner and Community Involvement.
- Award for seven years safe driving from former employer Landair Transport.
- Award for two years safe driving from former employer Fedex Express and Active with Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT).
- Active with the Walmart Heart program. Walmart truck drivers lift the spirits of children or adults with chronic medical conditions and 2015 Wreaths Across America driver.
- Walmart Store Ambassador.
- Served five years active duty U.S. Airforce.
- Airforce Honor Guard Clark Air Base Philippines.
- Airforce Honor Guard Minot Airforce Minot,
- Married to wife Sherrie for 12 years.
- Hobbies include traveling to live music events with his wife.
- Lifting weights and cardio exercise.
- Watching his favorite car shows on television.
- Traveling to car shows.
- Cleaning and maintaining his cars.
- Spending time with family and friends.